Thursday, July 23, 2009

What a Week! ~Ugh!

Can I just say, I'm so glad the past 7 days are over! After being so close to selling our place, we were informed that the couple had a big dog and the HOA wasn't going to let them have it, so they backed out. A few hours later, they were approved to keep their big dog, so they wanted to go back under contract again. Great. . . or so we thought. We later found out that they wanted $3600 to fix our perfectly good kitchen countertops because there is a seam that shows (heaven forbid!). After seeing that ridiculous price, we got our own bid and found that we could replace them with a better material than what's on them now for about $2000. We offered to pay half, (which I thought was pretty generous), but that wasn't good enough for them. They backed out for the second time. Adios you greedy, greedy people! So, our condo is back on the market if anyone is looking. . .

Second incident of the week: During sacrament meeting, Quinton some how fell off the bench and faceplanted into the corner of the hymnbook holder. I picked him up, saw blood, handed him to Adam, and we literally ran out of there. A few hours later, we decided to take him to Instacare. After cleaning his cut, I couldn't believe how deep it was. He had to get 3 stitches in his eyebrow. Can I just say, as a mother, watching him go through this was an awful experience. I've never had stitches, nor seen anyone else get them, so when my baby had to get them, and I had to witness it inches away from his face, well, you can imagine how I felt. He has to get them out on Friday, but he's been a trooper through the whole thing. I hope we don't have to go through something like this again any time soon.

Third: Dang it it's hot! Being in your 3rd trimester in the summer is not fun! I had my glucose screening today (yuck), but I passed so I don't have to do the 3 hour test like I did with Quinton. I got to hear the baby's heartbeat and all looks well. At least this part of my life is going good! We're looking forward to the arrival of our second son and have even decided on a name, Michael (Adam's middle name).

Anyway, we are off to St. George for the weekend and wish everyone a happy 24th Pioneer weekend!

4 comments:

Heidi said...

Linds, sorry for your tramatic week. Those are NOT fun things to happen to you, especially when your pregnant! Hopefully St. George will make things a little better. (: Well... then again, more HEAT!

Danielle said...

um, i didn't even know you were pregnant!!! how did i miss that?! congrats!!!

sorry about the house and the stitches - that's rough!

Doty Family said...

Sorry to Quinton!! That stinks. Poor guy! Can't believe we missed you guys. I just told Josh last night that I hadn't talked to you and Adam in forever. Hope your weekend was great. I know it was hot when we left so I hope you aren't too miserable. Have a better next week.

Shannon said...

oh wow! Congrats on your next new addition! Yeah, being pregnant in the summer is not fun! I had to go through that with Kaitlyn.