Wednesday, February 10, 2010

A Recipe to Die for!

I made this tonight and- OMG it is amazing! Definitely not on the healthy side, but I had just a little bit and was somewhat satisfied (I truly wanted more, but my conscience said NO!) I served it with some tortilla chips and as a side dish with tacos. It's a keeper for sure...

Jalapeno Popper Dip

Recipe from Our Best Bites

2 8-oz. packages cream cheese (light works great)
1 c. mayonnaise (light also works here, but DON'T use Miracle Whip!)
1 c. Parmesan cheese
1 4-oz. can fire roasted green chilies
1/2-1 4-oz. can diced jalapeno peppers*, drained
1-2 sourdough baguettes, sliced, and/or crackers
*1/2 can is mild with a little bite, a whole can is definitely on the spicy side, but if you've got taste buds of steel, you might prefer a 7-oz. can. (I just did 2 oz. and it was hot enough for me!)

Preheat oven to 350. Combine all ingredient in a medium sized bowl and spread into a 9 in. pie plate or small oven-safe dish. Bake for 20-25 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly and golden brown.